Re: GNOME Lovers Needed: l10n work for locations database

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 20:32, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> Why not just use the local names, they are easier to establish, and
> probably also easier to translate, as this does not have to go thru two
> translations (native -> English -> translated) but only one (native ->
> translated).

Because not everybody will be able to read Armenian? (If you are going
to answer that we could use a standard transcription to Latin, that not
every language has standard transcriptions?)

Also because then there will also be a need of translation to American
English for the default locale?

roozbeh