Re: RFC: Source string editing

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 04:48:45PM -0500 or thereabouts, Adam Weinberger wrote:

> I'd be interested in seeing how many module maintainers would like to
> give blanket approval to the GTP to edit strings to fix spelling and
> simple grammar errors. Presence of a README.strings or something to that
> effect could mean a green-light to the GTP to fix small errors as they
> crop up.

Likewise. Anyone who has filed more than a few bugs on strings will
know what a pest it is. I thought I was doing well on that; and then
I discovered how many Christian had filed. Ouch.

There are strings which need some discussion before changing, and
those should go into Bugzilla. And there are strings which might have
typos, but it is not clear. And those should go into Bugzilla. But it
seems silly to generate at least four new bug-emails (open, status,
developer confirms, someone fixes and closes) just to change to/too,
lose/loose, and so on. Same goes for tidying up commas and apostrophes.

Telsa