Re: intltool XML string problem: bugzilla 15107

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 09:14, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Hi Guys:
>
> I draw your attention to bug 15107; it seems intltool-update is munging
> whitespace in XML element content.  We don't expect leading and trailing
> whitespace to be preserved, but shouldn't internal whitespace be
> preserved?

Hi,

XML standard says that you have to use xml:space attribute to specify
what to do with white spaces in an element. There are two possible
values for this attribute:

- preserve: keep all white spaces (including leading and trailing)

- default: do whatever you wish with white space; this usually includes
collapsing white spaces.

I don't know if intltool is aware of this attribute, but it is obviously
acting as if 'default' or nothing at all was specified.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rmraya maxprograms com>
Maxprograms