intltool XML string problem: bugzilla 15107

Hi Guys:

I draw your attention to bug 15107; it seems intltool-update is munging
whitespace in XML element content.  We don't expect leading and trailing
whitespace to be preserved, but shouldn't internal whitespace be
preserved?

The bug is causing translation merges of XML data to fail, notably in
GOK but probably in other places as well.  It would be good to have a
fix for 2.8.0, as the only available workaround is pretty ugly and would
break XML formats (workaround is to use translatable attributes instead
of translatable content).

thanks

Bill