Re: Status page colouring request

El lun, 19-04-2004 a las 00:09, Baris Cicek escribió:
> Well actually innovations on gtp page is great, but I'm getting the
> stats from status page's .html and use it to keep our teams stats. it
> uses mostly regex to filter data. The problem is when you change such a
> thing on page, I (and i believe some others as well) have to modify
> regex and that goes on.

Sometime ago I talked about xml files to export the data, I'm waiting
for a proposal from the people that generate their own status pages from
the main ones (like you), if I don't get that proposal I will do someone
as I think it should be done but I think you could see better the needs.
With that xml export status pages changes will not affect you anymore.

> But as a solution for this, i guess the generated stats can be stored in
> an xml file so i won't use the stats from .html but from xml file. Thus
> whatever change on gtp status page, won't affect others.

As you can see, I agree with you.

> That would be one time but worthwile change on gtp status system. If you
> liked the idea let me know so i can report a bug. Btw, if status script
> already storing data in an xml file, please tell it so I can use it.

No, it's not stored in any place. New status pages store the data inside
a Postgresql database so it's easy to generate any kind of xml data.

Also, feel free to summit any request directly without waiting for my
approval, if it's doable I will implement it if it's not I will close
the bug as WONTFIX
I forget mails and requests, bugzilla does not.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)