Re: Localisation the "Location" file (gweather, evolution)

Kaixo!

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 01:13:55PM -0700, Elros Cyriatan wrote:

> Funny I was thinking about the same thing today. Those programs can use
> the iso_3166 translations from Translation Project for the country names
> and if necessary regional names. Alas there's no domain for city names
> yet.

Another place where it would be nice to translate city names, is in
the glibc timezone list.

(PS: I wanted to take the iso_3166 files from the Translation Project
to complete some translations, but most of the po files were unusable,
like they ", fuzzy" tags had been removed, then you had "translations"
like "Austria" translated as "Australia" and the like.
I don't know if that has been corred since then, but whoever merged the
po files should take care of it)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or Esperanto]
[min povas skribi en valona, esperanta, angla aux latinidaj lingvoj]

PGP signature