Re: gtranslator - please use !

On ส., 2004-04-03 at 00:31 +0300, Zygimantas Berucka wrote:
> > I will contact gtranslator developers about these bugs, but I thought it
> > might be a good idea to warn some other innocent souls to not make the
> > same mistake as I did :(

Mugural, please do. If you think there are bugs present in gtranslator,
please file bug reports against gtranslator on bugzilla.gnome.org, and
we'll look at them. If we agree that they are bugs, we'll try to fix
them (if we can find time), or accept patches. The problems you
mentioned sound like they could always be fixed up manually after doing
the bulk of the translation in gtranslator.

It's also pretty bad form to send round e-mails telling people to
boycott gtranslator; if people listen to you, you're reducing the
potential exposure it gets to people, some of whom may have the time and
skills to fix the bugs they find and others may still find the tool very
useful.

> Sure. Bugreports are signs of progress. I like to add from myself that
> gtranslator *must* improve it's plural forms handling. Currently it
> screws my three plural forms strings on saving document.

Yeah. I'm properly sorry about that. I've had that particular bug on my
to-do list for months now. I have an idea in mind on how to handle it,
but my working priorities at the moment are just not letting me get
round to doing it. A thousand apologies on my part for lameness in the
time management department. That will likely be my first priority when I
find some time to sort through the outstanding gtranslator jobs.

> > Thank's God 2.6.1 is scheduled pretty soon.
>
> Thank GNOME developers instead ;-)

Well, thank the GNOME foundation for the schedule :) and the developers
and translators for working together to meet it.

--
Ross