Re: PO-based Documentation Translation (wa Re: Weekly i18n statusupdate)

Dňa Pi 26. September 2003 01:01 Stephen Holmes napísal:
> I'd have to agree.  Formats such as TMX are far better suited to the
> content for documenation and online help.  The PO format is suited to
> software message strings and UI element strings.  The problem with
> documentation is in leveraging from one version to the next.  One
> normally uses sentence-based or paragraph-based leveraging and that
> would pose difficulties (I would imagine) in the PO format.

TMX addresses translation memory interchange. The format is too complicated
for simple documentation translation. Of course, it's XML, you can ignore
most of the stuff - in the end, you will end up with a similar amount of
information as stored in PO.

Stanislav

P.S. I must second Christian's opinion (Christian, youv'e expected that, don't
you? ;-)