Re: Suggestion

Em Sexta, 5 de Setembro de 2003 15:30, Danilo Segan escreveu:
> It's be nice if someone could separate numbers for Portuguese and
> Brazilian Portuguese, as well as for Chinese Traditional and Chinese
> Simplified.

I don't think the numbers for Portuguese are correct (182 million).

From:
http://www.brazil.org.uk/page.php?cid=1562
"Sometime in 2002 Brazil's population reached 175 million"

I think that almost everyone in Brazil speaks Portuguese (Brazilian
Portuguese).
Now, in Portugal there are at least 10.5 million speakers.
So, we are at 185 million without taking into acount the Portuguese
speaking countries in Africa.
So:
pt_BR --> 175 million
pt_PT --> I'll try to find out later