translation of the word factory...

Hi All,

 I found some thing very interesting when working the last weeks on
translating the pos. Indeed many of the translating groups translate the
word factory to the equivalent of a producing factory in their language,
I found this in the languages I understand which are 5, I mean this
maybe says something about the languages I examined ...Also our group
http://www.arabeyes.org handling the arabic translation used to
translate factory to "producing factory". In fact this sounded very odd
to me as it does not have any sense in an app.
But then when simply firing up gnome-dectionary I found something REALLY
interesting:

Factory Fac"to*ry, n.; pl. Factories (-r?z). Cf. F.
   factorerie.
   1. A house or place where factors, or commercial agents,
      reside, to transact business for their employers. ``The
      Company's factory at Madras.'' --Burke.

   2. The body of factors in any place; as, a chaplain to a
      British factory. --W. Guthrie.

So what I'm pointing to: isn't the "body of factors" a more accurate
translation for the word, as factors are normally used in Informatics!!!
And the strings finally get a meaning!!!
What do you think of it? It's a widespread mistake I think, but if I am
wrong correct me...

cheers
Arafat aka olimar