i18n on Solaris

Hello,

I have a small question. On the university I run gnome 1.4 for Solaris.
When I put 'LC_ALL=nl_NL' in my .bashrc, this will cause (for instance)
gnome-terminal to start in Dutch language mode. I get this warning:
'Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library' but that doesn't
prevent programs from switching to NL.

However, I've recently installed a binary build of gaim 0.71 (gtk2) for
Solaris.

When trying to run that in Dutch, I get:  '(process:16454):
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library (process:16454):
Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
'
and it starts up in English!

I've verified that the necessary .mo files are installed.

Any ideas what could cause this phenomenon?

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout@cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778