Re: PO-based Documentation Translation

El jue, 02-10-2003 a las 15:13, Christian Rose escribió:

> > Why do you say that?
>
> Because I 1) don't believe that such statements have to be automatically
> true and 2) I certainly don't get encouraged by them.

> > I don't remember to have said anything about «inferior».
>
> Oh, please read your mails again. You're calling us amateurs, while
> volunteer translation efforts really have nothing to do about bad
> quality or amateurism.

If you wish, please re-read my emails without anger and without
interpreting anything more except what I exactly said (at least what I
tried to say O:-).

[...]

> So why are we wasting time on this thread? What needs to be urgently
> done is to have a way for translators to easily translate the docs we
> already have now and using the tools we have right now. For better and
> for worse, that means po format for now.
> We can always migrate to XLIFF at any time later (or even use it in
> parallell to po) when the time is ready (and not to forget when our
> developers are ready for that!), but in the mean time any extensive
> debate about that like this one is just mostly hypothetical and taking
> our time away from our current work and most pressing issues right now.

Here I agree 100% with you.

BTW: Since these days I'm exploring the KDE xml-po tools (updating
Spanish Evo manual to 1.4), I'll try to feedback the list with the
experience.

--
        A.Ismael Olea González

        mailto:ismael@olea.org  http://www.olea.org
        http://aduaneros.olea.org, la ONG sin futuro.

        El mundo debe empezar a tener miedo a un planeta OLEA