Re: Persian translations

"Abbas Izad" <abbasizad@hotmail.com> writes:

> Gnome is NOT a product of IRANIAN goverment that Iranian law should
> apply to it.

That's an important point.

> The work around is that some other Persian speaking outside of the
> country take over the coordinator role. Then, you will not face any
> legal action against you.

Happily, gettext/glibc offer ways to solve this very issue.

Users like you and me can submit translation files as LL.po (where "LL"
is something like "es" for Spanish or "de" for German).  If a language
is using in special ways in certain countries, just submit files with
the country part, as largely done for pt_BR (= Brazilian, also known as
Portuguese as spoken in Brazil).  And if that's special enough, add a
so called modifier as follows:

    fa_IR@official

and set your LANG variable accordingly.  All "approved" translations
can be commited as fa_IR@official.po and the "unofficial" translations
can go in as fa.po.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)