Re: Proposed status page changes

ons 2003-11-26 klockan 19.26 skrev Ole Laursen:
> > Of course, "developer-app" doesn't fit in this scheme and doesn't match
> > any GNOME release that I know of, and I'm not sure why it was added when
> > we moved to the current version of the status pages to begin with.
> > Perhaps Carlos can answer that.
>
> I think it is nice to have the development tools separated somehow. I
> think the status pages should help us prioritize what we translate,
> and translating developer tools is (at least for Danish) somewhat
> silly as long as there are important untranslated end-user tools.

Yes, but I think introducing an artificial "developer-app" section is
confusing, since there is no such release. I think the only artificial
section we should have is "extras", because we need a section that
covers everything that is not part of any release. All the other
sections should match actual releases.

I also think we should distinguish between the need for "categorization"
and simply "information" here. Do we need to put developer applications,
text editors, email clients, file managers, etc. all on different status
pages? Probably not. Could we perhaps still display some very brief
information about what type of application every module is on the status
pages? Perhaps.