Re: Gnome-games and scheme
- From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnovsky nenya ms mff cuni cz>
- To: Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>
- Cc: Danilo Segan <dsegan gmx net>,GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>,Callum McKenzie <callum physics otago ac nz>
- Subject: Re: Gnome-games and scheme
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:53:00 +0200 (CEST)
On 23 May 2003, Christian Rose wrote:
> Good catch. I didn't think of that, even though I know some German. Ok,
> now we have our counter-example. :)
> The question remains on how to solve this problem. Theoretically,
> translating 1000+ very similar messages like this could be automated and
> not necessarily very difficult, but the luggage in form of 1000+ extra
> messages in the po files, let alone the extra code for it, doesn't
> exactly make it appealing, nor realistic.
> Perhaps the message could be rewritten. I'm thinking of examples like:
> msgid "move the card \"%s\" onto the card \"%s\""
What about using pictures of actual cards. This would even look better.
But maybe harder to do accessibility right.
] [Thread Prev