Re: Gnome-games and scheme

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Danilo Segan wrote:

> Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
>
> >Finnish has 14-15 cases ;-) One is only used in old texts though
> >

> Excellent!
>
> So, how do you handle these cases in translation?
>
> Do you see any relation between those 14 and the 7 ones I listed
> (perhaps it is a superset of that list)?
>
> If it is, the best thing to do is to teach all programmers Finnish ;-)

Yes, thats one solution - having people understand that there are such
things as non-indo-european languages helps... having cases (inc many
cases) does not equate to the language being more complex, things like
articles and grammatical gender are *much* worse 8-)

> Now, that's not too big thing to require, right? :-)

probably not ;-)

> Cheers,
> Danilo

	Sander

	Humans love to categorize and organize things. We break up time into
	hours, days and years. Everything has to have a name, a history, an
	understanding of it's origins and must be indexed somewhere on Google.