Re: Updating po files on make dist

fre 2003-05-23 klockan 16.11 skrev Sven Neumann:
> > Even the slightest change in the source (the removal or addition of one
> > single line of code) will change the reference line numbers in all the
> > po files. As such, it's practically impossible to inspect a po file and
> > from a cvs diff tell whether there really was a change in the
> > translation (a real syntax bug fix by the developer or some such) or
> > just line number changes, due to the massive number of line number
> > changes normally introduced. So normally you will have no idea and just
> > guess that the commit was just the result of make dist and nothing else,
> > and hence you will have no idea if you resolved the situation properly.
>
> There is no need for guessing. Looking at the ChangeLog should be
> sufficient. If you don't trust the ChangeLog, have a look at the
> output of 'cvs log xx.po'.

That's correct, I don't blindly trust ChangeLogs. So many people
occasionally forget to mention some particular change in the ChangeLog,
even myself. The cvs log is no different in that respect.

In any case, this is getting mildly offtopic. The basic problem stands
and I still believe the consensus is that there is a problem.