Re: (no subject)

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 03:54:39PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> There's another issue isn't there - if you never commit the modified
> po files, when do the line numbers etc. in the po files ever get
> updated? Do translators always do that themselves when they update a
> translation?

Yes: either they fetch the updated po from the translation website, or
run intltool-update in their checked out CVS module. Both of them give
translators up to date po files.

> The idea of having this in distcheck I think was so someone could take
> the po files from the tarball and have up-to-date strings and line
> numbers and do a translation.

And that's good, but make dist should not touch the original files in
the repository. As I see it, it's as if make dist ran every .c file in
the CVS module under indent and then left them in Modified state after
creating the tar.gz. We wouldn't have a problem if the modified files
were those in the internal dist dir and the originals were left
untouched.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/