Re: (no subject)

On 2003.05.21 22:32, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 10:27:26PM +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> > They can have it up-to-date anyway by just running "intltool-update
> xy"
> > first.
>
> OK, so let's change what distcheck does. I'm tired of waiting for all
> the po update stuff to run when I distcheck anyhow - it takes
> forever. ;-)

Please consider this scenario for translators (I prefer "developer's"
point of the view for po files handling):

1. I'm working (as a transaltor) with ll.po file.
2. In the meantime someone (the package maintainer) updates "my" ll.po
file in CVS.
3. My work with ll.po is finished. I'm about to commit the ll.po to the
CVS.
4. I'm performing `cvs up` for whole module and there is a conflict
with my ll.po.
5. This conflict IS NOT HARD to resolve.
6. cvs backups my copy of the ll.po (it's named, say '.#ll.po.1.30')
7. Peform this command sequence to resolve the conflict:
      rm -f ll.po
      cvs up
      mv .#ll.po.1.30 ll.po
      intltool-update ll
      cvs ci ll.po

Now, all is ok. Translator is happy, developer is happy :-). There is
no problem.

Thanks.

| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   marcel@telka.sk  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |