Re: (no subject)
- From: Noah Levitt <nlevitt columbia edu>
- To: Christophe Fergeau <teuf users sourceforge net>
- Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org,desktop-devel list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: (no subject)
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:57:02 -0400
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 21:49:14 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> * translator point of view: when a maintainer updates all the po files
> in a module, it doesn't bring anything, and potentially ruins some
> translator work. The updated po files shouldn't be committed.
> * developer point of view: a tarball content must exactly match what is
> tagged in CVS. The updated po files must be committed, or the build
> tools must be fixed not to modify those po files (the build tools still
> need to check the validity of those files though).
I agree with the "translator point of view". It's easy to
fix with "cvs up -C" after running make dist. (Althought,
imho, a better fix would be for "make dist" not to modify
the .po files).
] [Thread Prev