Re: Font Selection

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 11:15:26AM +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> The reason Marco asked me (and I forwarded the question) was that he
> didn't know how useful or bad the feature with encoding-specific fonts
> was, and therefore he asked to get a better idea of this and to discuss
> it, just like you seem to want to[1].
I don't think enconding-specific fonts are useful per se.
What you really want is language-specific fonts (to draw
the CJK ideographs right?), and encoding-specific fonts
are a way to achieve that - at least in some circumstances.

OTOH the problem will probably have to be solved without
involving encodings anyway, assuming most people migrate
to UTF-8 in the upcoming decade.
	Mirek