Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-i18n gns

El mié, 14 de 05 de 2003 a las 22:16, Gustavo Noronha Silva escribió:
> Em 14 May 2003 14:06:33 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@gnome.org> escreveu:
>
> > Could I ask WHY the pt_BR team don't follow the i18n team rules?
> >
> > They asked about the use of gnome-i18n module to maintain their website
> > [1] and we answer them that they should use other specific module [2] or
> > use the GNU sourceforge [3] because gnome-i18n module is not there to
> > that kind of use.
> >
> > Why you ignore our recommendations?
>
> Carlos, I'm damn sorry. I asked kmaras on IRC and forgot to check the
> mailing list for replies before doing so. I'll check the procedures
> for creating a new module, instead. (I'll remove that stuff ASAP).

The problem is that every translator that works with gnome-i18n module
will see all your web changes and will need download all your website
every time you change something. We can assume it with the GNOME
glossary and other things like that because them does not change often,
but a website is other history.

You can create your own modules inside cvs.gnome.org if you need it, I
think that we only requiere that is a GNOME related work and you will
win some additions, for example, automatic notification when someone
update your website (look at CVSROOT/modules file)

> Sorry,

Don't worry. I thought that you ignore our answer and did it yourself
directly, but you didn't read our reply, that's all.

Cheers.
--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)

Esta parte del mensaje =?ISO-8859-1?Q?est=E1?= firmadadigitalmente