Re: Something went wrong with gnome-mime-data

On 30 Mar 2003, Carlos [ISO-8859-1] Perelló Marín wrote:

> El dom, 30 de 03 de 2003 a las 15:30, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
> escribió:
> > Hi,
> > The branch is called 'gnome22branch' not gnome-2-2 (I am sorry about
> > that, but I didn't know of the correct naming standard).
> > Don't think I can rename a branch in CVS??
>

> I don't know if there is a way to rename it, if it does not exists..
> perhaps you could try to branch the gnome22branch branch as gnome-2-2
> and leave  the gnome22branch for ever.

You can untag the branch (provided you didn't commit anything yet -
otherwise it just becomes a anonymnous branch for the commited files) and
then tag the new branch

	cvs tag -d oldbranchname
	cvs tag -b branchname

to be used with extreme care.

> Cheers.
>

> > Christian
> >
> > On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 14:16, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > > Hi Christian!
> > > Obviously you actually didn't branch gnome-mime-data.
> > > gnome-2-2 branch is nonexistent and the translation status pages point
> > > to HEAD. This leads to many (at least for the moment) obsolete
> > > translations. Please branch it correctly so that we can modify the
> > > status page sources or revert your changes since 2003-03-29.
> > >
> > > regs,
> > >  Chris
> --
> Carlos Perelló Marín
> Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)
> Linux Registered User #121232
> mailto:carlos@pemas.net || mailto:carlos@gnome.org
> http://carlos.pemas.net
> Valencia - Spain

	Sander

	Humans love to categorize and organize things. We break up time into
	hours, days and years. Everything has to have a name, a history, an
	understanding of it's origins and must be indexed somewhere on Google.