Re: Why not make a web-based translation system?

"skyjacker" <skyjacker@skyjacker.dnsalias.org> writes:

> I am wandering why not making a web-based translation system.
> For people from world wild can submit their translation online.
> Whitch will make Gnome translation much easier!

Because:

  a) Translating requires a quite good understanding of the software,
     else the translation is going to suck. That gives all of us a bad
     reputation.

  b) You need to mentor people for some time to ensure that the
     translations end up consistent.

  c) It is hard work setting up and maintaining. :-)

I suspect c) is going to be the biggest problem...

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/