unmaintained translations and how to handle them

Hi,

in the GIMP we have a couple of obviously unmaintained translations.
I am considering to do the following and I would like to hear your
opinion on this:

My plan is to remove all languages from ALL_LINGUAS for which po files
are not in UTF-8 encoding. This seems like a good indicator for being
unmaintained. I will accept to resurrect a particular language if
someone feels responsible enough to run intltool-unicodify and commit
the converted po files back to CVS. Do you agree that this is a
reasonable way to handle the situation?

At the moment, the following files in gimp/po are not UTF-8 encoded:
ca.po en_GB.po fi.po gl.po hr.po it.po lt.po ro.po tr.po

In case noone objects, I will do this change in about a week.

Sven