Re: [Usability] Re: [Fwd: Re: Your final comments on gswitchit in 2.4...]

Hi Eugene

> s/Keyboard layouts/Keyboard Layout   (in titlebar, I don't think the
> plural is required in this case)
Well, we really choose layouts here (and other options). I thought about
it and found it more appropriate (and actually the title over set/clear
buttons on "General" tab is "Layouts"). Probably, "Keyboard
configuration" could be good as well - but we already have "keyboard"
for gnome-keyboard-properties and "Keyboard" for
gnome-accessibility-keyboard properties. Probably we need to invent 3
proper titles which would position these 3 capplets properly.

> s/Keyboard layouts' settings/Keyboard layout settings
Well, it depends on #1 - after we resolve it (create 3 decent and
different capplet titles), this can be changed too.
> s/decription/description
Sorry. Shame on me. Where did you find it?
> s/Show advanced parameters/Advanced ...   (if this button remains)
I better like "Show advanced options".  IMHO the "..." indicates that
user will get some new dialog - which is not the case, we just show more
widgets. Is there any place in HIG where this type of behavior
specified?

> Also, do you need the icon on this button?
Not necessary. I thought it would be nice to have it here. So if you
don't mind I will leave it there (well, unless there are some strict
rules in HIG which would forbid this).

> I am not sure what the [...] buttons represent (in Layouts).
Press on it - an you'll see:) Actually, it popups the tree widget with
the available layouts (and variants)

> Apologies, I have not been following this thread very closely, so I'm
> sorry if I'm repeating other people's points:
No problem. Actually, I did not notice any repeating:)

> I agree with other peoples comments that clicking on a button to display
> more tabs is peculiar. And before you do that, a dialog with a single
> tab is peculiar.
I will try to hide the single tab...

> Perhaps clicking on the Show advanced parameters/Advanced button could
> open a new "Advanced Keyboard Layout" dialog with the two tabs that you
> mention.
I would really prefer not to do it. These 2 tabs filled with some weird
and exotic xkb options are not worth separate dialog:)

> If you send me links to screenshots of the other two tabs, I can have a
> look at them also.
Well, I will try to do it tonight (if I have time).

> I wonder about the button label "Global Preconfigured" - what does it
> mean? I wonder could the label be shortened?
It means that user effectively declines do configure anything in the
capplet - he/she just wants to use whatever admin (or user himself)
wrote in XF86Config. So all the rest will remain disabled. If you can
offer better wording for it - really welcome.

--
Sergey

=?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?==?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?==?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?==?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?==?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=