Re: About translating documents (.xml/.sgml) in GNOME

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Bernd Groh wrote:

> IMO, if a document is anticipated to undergo quite a few such changes,
> then I don't think PO-files are a good option. I'd rather convert the
> whole thing into something that gives me something a little more
> WYSIWYG. PO-files I believe is a good option for translations, where the
> structure of the document remains the same within the translation process.

My experience translating KDE docs using PO files:

It's a very rare case in KDE that a document undergoes huge changes.
Typical changes are typos, cleanups, clarification, markup fixes and
adding new text. I never felt like I've lost my work done on previous
version of the document.

Stanislav