Re: About translating documents (.xml/.sgml) in GNOME

 --- Bernd Groh <bgroh@redhat.com> wrote:
> Paisa,
>
> >Having an internationalized, easy-to-use, semi WYSIWYG ?ML editor
> >might help.  Something based on Bluefish might work?
> >

> Is there anything based on Bluefish that does SGML, in particular SGML
> DocBook?
> If yes, PLEASE let me know!!
>
> >Well, I've never translated a document, so I might be wrong.
> >

> I did, and I do hope that I'm just not up to date with the newest
> technology.
> If anyone knows about any semi-WYSIWYG SGML-editor, please, please, with
> sugar on top, tell me all about it! :-)

<plug type="shameless">OpenOffice.org can do this</plug>. I can't say it
entirely ready in its docbook support, and doesn't quite round-trip -
and this specific use might dig out more problem areas - but it would
allow you to take a docbook document, trnalste it in a normal wysiwyg
environment and save back in largely the same structure. erm.. well, and
probably file some bugs.