Re: About translating documents (.xml/.sgml) in GNOME

Paisa,

>If the ?ML in in the doc isn't too fancy, I think it should take a
>translator only 10-20 minutes to learn that markup language.  Using an
>extra tool instead of working directly on those ?ML files might
>actually make the process more complicated :oP.  Think about how
>PO-style tool would handle tables.  Working in ?ML allows a translator
>to use graphical tools to edit tables.

Hmmm, graphical tools? Are we talking about SGML here? Where are these
tools?

>Having an internationalized, easy-to-use, semi WYSIWYG ?ML editor
>might help.  Something based on Bluefish might work?

Is there anything based on Bluefish that does SGML, in particular SGML
DocBook?
If yes, PLEASE let me know!!

>Well, I've never translated a document, so I might be wrong.

I did, and I do hope that I'm just not up to date with the newest
technology.
If anyone knows about any semi-WYSIWYG SGML-editor, please, please, with
sugar on top, tell me all about it! :-)

Cheers,
Bernd

--