Re: About translating documents (.xml/.sgml) in GNOME

I agree with Malcolm.  The biggest hassle is tracking changes in the
master doc.  Two approaches that might help are,

  - Have a smart diff tool that can pinpoint a small change in a
    source paragraph.

    (optional) having such tool tell what paragraph in the translation
    the change corresponds to.  The translation file might need some
    comment tags for this to work.

  - Using an invisible ?ML tag to break a long paragraph into smaller
    logical blocks and do a diff block-by-block.

If the ?ML in in the doc isn't too fancy, I think it should take a
translator only 10-20 minutes to learn that markup language.  Using an
extra tool instead of working directly on those ?ML files might
actually make the process more complicated :oP.  Think about how
PO-style tool would handle tables.  Working in ?ML allows a translator
to use graphical tools to edit tables.

Having an internationalized, easy-to-use, semi WYSIWYG ?ML editor
might help.  Something based on Bluefish might work?

Well, I've never translated a document, so I might be wrong.

Paisa