Re: GNOME Vocabulary Simplification

Daniel Yacob <locales@geez.org> writes:

> But, couldn't GNOME have a recommended vocabulary that
> simplified terminologies to benefit a consistant interface
> across GNOME targetted apps?
>
> Or is there such a thing?  If not, I'd be happy to work
> with a group of interested parties towards this end.

I think the usability team tries to enforce certain words when they
are reviewing - I recall reading some of them in the HIG:

  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/

For i18n there are the glossaries in the CVS module
'gnome-i18n/glossary', which I don't think are widely used, though (at
least I don't think anyone on the Danish team use them).

So you will probably want to contact the usability list.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/