Re: GNOME Vocabulary Simplification

ons 2003-01-22 klockan 23.16 skrev Daniel Yacob:
> But, couldn't GNOME have a recommended vocabulary that
> simplified terminologies to benefit a consistant interface
> across GNOME targetted apps?
>
> Or is there such a thing?  If not, I'd be happy to work
> with a group of interested parties towards this end.

There are such things. Regarding GNOME vocabularily in general, the
GNOME Documentation Project (GDP)[1] is in charge of that, and maintains
the GNOME Word List as part of their style guide[3]. Even though this
was designed primarily for documentation, it applies to a lot of the
software as well.

Regarding what specific buttons, labels, menus and menu items should be
used in software and how they should be labeled, that's the domain of
the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines[4], managed by the GNOME Usability
Project (GUP)[5]. If you find an application not following some HIG
recommendation, file a bug against the application (use the keyword
"HIG") in Bugzilla.

Thanks for helping out. :-)

Christian

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/