Re: [Sodipodi-list] Upcoming sodipodi 0.29 release

sön 2003-01-19 klockan 16.17 skrev jose antonio s.a.:

> > > But, this is not a close debate:
> > > Evolution does:
> > > 	"Close	Ctrl-W"		"Cerrar Ctrl-W"
> > > 	"Open	Ctrl-O"		"Abrir  Ctrl-O"
> > >
> > > it's unclear
[...]
> Hello:
> 	Gedit, Gimp, gcalc, abiword, gthumb, nautilus  use this schema:
>
> 	"Close	Ctrl-W"		"Cerrar Ctrl-W"

Are you sure you're not confusing access keys with shortcut keys?

Access keys are the underlined characters in, among other things, some
menu options, that you can enable by pressing Alt+Accesskey. Example:
"_Quit". In this case you press Alt+q to trigger that menu option.
Access keys should be localized if you use a latin script. An underscore
before the character represents the access key to be used.

Shortcut keys are the shortcut combinations that are listed after some
menu options, often using some combination with Ctrl. Shortcut keys are
*not* localizable by translators.

"_Abrir     Ctrl+O"
  |              shortcut key
  access key

Sometimes there are both, sometimes only one of these. In the po files
you'll only find menu options and their access keys as messages.