Re: Marking strings for translation (was: Re: POTFILES.in changes)

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:15:45AM +1300, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Naba,
>
> On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 21:45, Naba Kumar wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 22:55, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > > I think the best sollution is not to assigning this taks to anybody.
> > > Whenever a maintainer changes or adds a files in a way that it shouldn't
> > > be translated anymore (resp. hence has to be translated) he should add
> > > this file to po/POTFILES.in or .skip. If he doesn't, the translators
> > > should still have the possibility to perform that task without asking
> > > one of the maintainers.
> > > Is that policy acceptable for you?
> > >
> > I think the better approach would be to send an email to the maintainer
> > with the list of files. He can then
> >
> > 1) add them himself in the POTFILES.*, or
> > 2) email back telling which one should go where.
>
> 	For some modules at least this is happening (well, only 1. not 2.).
> I've cc-ed Marcel, who seems to have an automated script for doing this
> which is point at least at gnome-panel, -desktop and -session. I've
> found this extremely useful, but I'm not sure what other modules are
> covered. Marcel ?

Yes. At http://telka.sk/linux/gnome/maintainers is a current list of the
processed modules (format is: module branch maintainer).
Automated script runs weekly (night between sunday and monday UTC)

Comments, questions, requests for removal or addition are welcome. :)

Note: The list is maintained by hands... :-)

Regards.

| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   marcel@telka.sk  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   marcel@jabber.sk |