Re: Marking strings for translation (was: Re: POTFILES.in changes)

Hi Naba,

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 21:45, Naba Kumar wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 22:55, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > I think the best sollution is not to assigning this taks to anybody.
> > Whenever a maintainer changes or adds a files in a way that it shouldn't
> > be translated anymore (resp. hence has to be translated) he should add
> > this file to po/POTFILES.in or .skip. If he doesn't, the translators
> > should still have the possibility to perform that task without asking
> > one of the maintainers.
> > Is that policy acceptable for you?
> >
> I think the better approach would be to send an email to the maintainer
> with the list of files. He can then
>
> 1) add them himself in the POTFILES.*, or
> 2) email back telling which one should go where.

	For some modules at least this is happening (well, only 1. not 2.).
I've cc-ed Marcel, who seems to have an automated script for doing this
which is point at least at gnome-panel, -desktop and -session. I've
found this extremely useful, but I'm not sure what other modules are
covered. Marcel ?

Cheers,
Mark.