Re: fontilus and the font capplet

ons 2003-01-15 klockan 20.40 skrev Jonathan Blandford:
> Currently there's no way to get to the fonts:/// URI scheme in fontilus
> without typing it into the Location bar in Nautilus.  Since this won't
> be obvious to anyone not reading gnomedesktop.org, I'd like to add a
> button to the font capplet in the control-center popping up a nautilus
> window.  This is a very small feature/string change, but I feel it's
> definitely worth adding.  The button only appears if fontilus is
> installed.

>From a translator perspective, it's fairly late, and we should really
focus on getting complete translations now. And even though this is only
one string, I think that the gnome-i18n/redhat/ directory could be used
as before for rh patches, rather than the GNOME translations delayed. Or
using a header file that's commented away in the  So I guess my answer
is a no for now -- don't know about kmaraas' opinion though. I've been
fairly relaxed about people asking for string changes up til now, but we
have to stop at some point, and the release team has a point in that,
we're awfully close.
However, if there are other needed string changes or additions in
gnome-control-center (theme capplet?), this might go in as well at the
same time then since it's just one additional message, at least from the
translator point of view. But hopefully there won't be other string
changes needed. One can at least hope. :)