UTF-8 in filenames when saving

Hi, All!

I use locale with koi8-r (non-UTF) encoding. I can see non-ascii
filenames on filesystem when i set G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1 variable. But
some applications, at least gedit and glade, cannot save file with
non-ascii filename correctly. Filenames appear as UTF-8 sequences, back
conversion from UTF-8 to locale encoding does not occur however glib has
such functions g_filename_from_utf8/uri().
I'd like to file bugreport but who is in charge of such mistake: more
common gnome-vfs or each application itself? Any thoughts?

Regards,
Dmitry