Re: Additional language entries in gdm

 --- Christian Rose <menthos@menthos.com> wrote: > mån
2003-02-17 klockan 17.20 skrev Guntupalli

http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso639.txt

http://lcweb.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html,
> which is the page
> of the official registration authority for language
> codes, calls the
> language "Panjabi".
>
> The Merriam-Webster dictionary (http://www.m-w.com/)
> lists both
> "Panjabi" and "Punjabi" as alternative forms.
> However, as the official
> registration authority uses "Panjabi", I'd say we
> should probably use
> that.
Yes, but Punjabi is widely used in India rather than
'panjabi'. See the use of punjabi in the official govt
of punjab's site vs. the use of panjabi:
punjabi(http://punjabgovt.nic.in/):
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fpunjabgovt.nic.in+punjabi&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0
panjabi:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fpunjabgovt.nic.in%2F+panjabi&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0

It doesn't matter what the ISO code says, I sincerely
believe you should listen to what the users from
Punjab use.
-Pramod.

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com