Re: Additional language entries in gdm

mån 2003-02-17 klockan 17.20 skrev Guntupalli Karunakar:

> > > Thanks. I'm also not expecting an invitation to 'Who wants to be a
> > > millionaire?'!
>
>  Its should be spelled Punjabi  not Panjabi  , pa code for Punjabi is
> probably confusing you.

You didn't reply to my mail?

> http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso639.txt
> also has
> ----
> pa Punjabi

http://lcweb.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html, which is the page
of the official registration authority for language codes, calls the
language "Panjabi".

The Merriam-Webster dictionary (http://www.m-w.com/) lists both
"Panjabi" and "Punjabi" as alternative forms. However, as the official
registration authority uses "Panjabi", I'd say we should probably use
that.