New team for Yiddish (yi)

I would like to start a new team for Yiddish.  The language code ought to
be yi; there is no country designation.  Translations for this language
will be in "Standard Yiddish" using the YIVO (yidishe visnshaftlekhe
organizatsye) standard orthography; we will only use Unicode encoding.

The team, at the moment, includes only me: Raphael Finkel <raphael@cs.uky.edu>
I hope to interest a few others.  I am one of about 5 people in the world
actively creating Yiddish computer terminology; I am in contact with all the
others.

I have an initial translation of the Gtk+ stock items available for perusal;
they are at http://www.cs.uky.edu/~raphael/private/gtk-yi.po .

I have also prepared the Yiddish strings for the AbiWord project.

Raphael Finkel