Re: New team for Yiddish (yi)

ons 2003-02-12 klockan 14.00 skrev Raphael Finkel:
> I would like to start a new team for Yiddish.  The language code ought to
> be yi; there is no country designation.  Translations for this language
> will be in "Standard Yiddish" using the YIVO (yidishe visnshaftlekhe
> organizatsye) standard orthography; we will only use Unicode encoding.
>
> The team, at the moment, includes only me: Raphael Finkel <raphael@cs.uky.edu>
> I hope to interest a few others.  I am one of about 5 people in the world
> actively creating Yiddish computer terminology; I am in contact with all the
> others.

Excellent! I've added the Yiddish team info on the teams page
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html) now.

If you want to have a look at other GNOME translations besides GTK+, a
good starting point would probably be our GNOME 2.1/2.2 status pages,
and more precisely the "core" status page:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.1-core/
You can get pot files from that page by clicking on the module names.
You can send the resulting po files to me and I'll put them into cvs.
Just make sure the files are valid UTF-8, pass the "msgfmt -cv yi.po"
test without errors or warnings, and gzip the files before sending them.
Once you have contributed a few translations, we can probably arrange
for a cvs account of your own.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them. We also have a
IRC channel called #i18n on irc.gnome.org where you can get help if you
need or just chat with other translators.

Good luck, and welcome!

Christian

PS. Your GTK+ translation is already committed, both to the HEAD and
gtk+-2-2 branches. DS.