Re: Creating a Bugzilla component for your language

Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 11:17:54PM +0100, Christian Rose escribió:

>tis 2003-02-11 klockan 22.54 skrev Luis Villa:
>> OK, so, this was completely awesome, except that it has bug-buddy
>> spewing some errors by feeding 'invalid' characters to bug-buddy in the
>> component XML; I presume this'll only get worse as we try to add more
>> languages. Any idea what we can do about this, on either end?
>
>Some component descriptions include non-ASCII characters, and Bugzilla
>doesn't specify a character set. Ideally Bugzilla should do that, and
>use (and specify!) UTF-8 everywhere, but I guess we're unfortunately far
>from there.

	Currently, bugzilla uses ISO-8859-1 charset enconding. There is no
support for UTF-8, and I'm not sure if it will be in some time (does
MySQL support UTF-8?). In the other hand we have a problem with
bug-buddy reports, because the bugzilla importer only understands 7 bit
ASCII chars (ie: no áéíóúäëïöü, etc...). I think that Martin tried to
workaround this converting to base64 before invoking the import.xml
(bugzilla import script), but it doesn't work. Maybe a bug in bugzilla
2.10. We should try if bugzilla-test does this correctly, and,
definitively, solve this for new bugzilla/bug-buddy.

Salu2

PS: I can start working on this in 2 weeks (I'm leaving now for
hollydays!)

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas