Re: CVS modules for translations

El mar, 23-12-2003 a las 17:53, Metin Amiroff escribió:
> Hi!
>
> >cvs co -P MODULE/po/YOURLOCALE.po MODULE/po/ChangeLog
> >cp updated-po.po MODULE/po/YOURLOCALE.po
>
> Well, the main problem here is that we have to check out and committing each
> module separately each app's ChangeLog separately too.
>
> For example in KDE case this would be something like this which makes whole
> process of committing (getting po files is not a problem in both fronts) a
> lot easier and faster in KDE than in Gnome:
>
> cvs co -P translations/locale/desktop/atk.po
> translations/locale/desktop/nautilus.po ...
>
> and then committing files to the same dir. Right now we are checking out and
> committing po files of each app separately. KDE collects them all in one
> module.
>
> +1 from me if we can have the same sollution :)

As I said to Görkem Çetin in a private mail, that way to arrange the .po
files force you to change how the whole GNOME project works. That's not
a trivial change. You are not changing the GTP work way, you are
changing also the way all GNOME works.

It's easier to create some  scripts to simplify the multiple checkout
and multiple ChangeLog files than what you are proposing.

Of course, if you find an easy way to do it, we could look at it and
estimate the costs, but I'm busy with my own projects already and this
is not a trivial task.

> Cheers...

Cheers.