Re: CVS modules for translations

El mar, 23-12-2003 a las 17:41, Görkem Çetin escribió:
> Roozbeh Pournader yazmış:
>
> >This is just a mad idea, but I was wondering how people feel about this:
> >
> >Would it be possible to have CVS modules in the GNOME CVS for
> >translations? Something someone can check out and have all the PO files?
> >"cvs co trans" giving me all the PO files in a directory structure,
> >while "cvs co trans-fr" giving me all the French translations (and
> >related stuff, like the ChangeLog)?
> >
> >KDE's CVS is somehow structured like that, although it's separate
> >directories.
> >
> >roozbeh
> >

> +1
>
> Not all GNOME translators have fast Internet access - I'm paying 70 MTRL
> (about 40 USD) for 128Kbps d/l and 16Kbps u/l- , and I'm upset to say
> that this situation -i.e not having a seperate localization module- is
> one of the reasons of the poor i18n percentage of Turkish team.
>
> If there's any effort on that, I'd _very_ much appreciate.

We have already that done, it's called translation status pages.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/

And it's better than the po on CVS option because those files are
updated with latest changes every 8 hours, so you only need to download
the .po file and forget the .pot and sources.

Cheers.