Re: OT: ISO standards who? (was Re: French character names ingucharmap)

Roozbeh,

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 15:07, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 18:26, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> > Please see
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gbinfitt/
> >
> > membership details I gather are dropped on you when you ask too many
> > questions in other groups. $10 for associate membership...
>
> That is not the Unicode mailing list or web site!
Of course not.

I think you got me totally wrong somewhere along the thread.

This is an organisation that claims to represent the Tamil community*at*
the Unicode consortium.
Another front is INFTITT.org where you might find endless mention of
working groups with one dedicated for Unicode. Actualy if you look
carefully there you will find free software interest are classified
seperately (well under 'linux'!)

>  Unicode website is at
> <http://www.unicode.org>, and it's mailing list information can be found
> at <http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#1>. Unicode doesn't
> charge you if you want to become a member of their mailing list,
No one should charge money. Especially grassroot level organisations
that represents us on our behalf. Infact they should be all ears and
help the community adopt Unicode. The reality is the opposite.

>  or
> contribute to Unicode. For contribution, see
> <http://www.unicode.org/pending/proposals.html>.
I know of this but will like to save it for a future date when immediate
tasks at hand are satisfactorily moving smoothly.

Best regards,

Ramanan