Re: run dialog vs gnome_vfs_url_show

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 22:32, Abel Cheung wrote:

> > > Need to add gnome-i18n for string requests, but it does seem like an
> > > important issue that really needs to be fixed.
> >
> > I just checked this in. It will mean some new, non-visible mostly lame
> > strings. I'm sorry about this, but i wasn't able to make the strings
> > untranslated.
>
> You can, by just adding the schemas but removing all the <short> and
> <long> descriptions (leave the descriptions empty). If it's not visible
> in UI, it can be always added later, after 2.4.0.

I tried that, but it didn't work. You didn't get the default values for
some reason.

> If I'm not looking at the changes as a translator, in general that's good
> change IMHO, at least in line with the "use epiphany" decision.

I don't personally care much about the epiphany part, its more like "we
updated to gnome 2.3 in redhat, and every user complained that http
links broke in the terminal and that the run dialog hanged the panel".

                   alexl@redhat.com    alla@lysator.liu.se
He's a suave chivalrous card sharp who dotes on his loving old ma. She's an
enchanted Buddhist bounty hunter from beyond the grave. They fight crime!