Re: Script for extracting translators' names (was Re: notice of imminent Rhythmbox release && translation credits)

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 08:57:55PM +0200 or thereabouts, Danilo Segan wrote:
> >Translations updated:
> >xx (Jane Barr)
> >Is this done manually, or is there some script to do it?
>

> I think there were some rumours of a script that does this kind of work
> based on "Last-Translator" fields in the PO files.

The problem with this is that when you have several people and
only one has cvs access, their name comes up again and again.

You might try looking at the msgstr corresponding to the
"translator_credits" msgid. I think that's more likely to
be correct.

Or grep the Changelog. Entries such as

2003-01-01  CVS Access Translator  <email@somewhere.here>

  * xx.po:  Updated translation from Non-CVS Access Name Here
  <email@somewhere.else>

...are not at all uncommon.

I have seen slightly erroneous release notes where people have
used the name of the person who committed it without looking to
see whether what they committed was theirs or someone else's,
so I think this is worth mentioning.

Telsa