Re: New team for Gujarati (GJ)

On 05 Aug 2003 13:43:27 +0200
Christian Rose <menthos@gnome.org> wrote:

> tis 2003-08-05 klockan 12.55 skrev Nirav Mehta:
> > I have translated the GNOME Glossary to Gujarati (GJ)
>
> Excellent! Please send the translation to me, or someone else with a
> cvs account, so that we can put the translation in cvs for you. When
> sending the translation, please make sure it passes the "msgfmt -cv
> gu.po" test first though without errors or warnings, and that the
> file is encoded in UTF-8, and gzip the file before attaching it to
> the mail.
>
> By the way, http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html
> states that the language code for Gujarati is "gu"?

I too made same mistake initially ;-)

> No, there is no other effort registered. We've heard about
> http://www.indlinux.org/gujarati/ though, but last I heard about it
> it hadn't started yet and Guntupalli Karunakar was looking for a
> prospective team coordinator for it. I assume that's you, or that
> Guntupalli agrees with having you as the coordinator. Should you not
> be related to that effort, please take contact with them anyway and
> join their mailinglist, so that we can avoid duplicate efforts.

  We are together, in same boat :-) . I have no issues, just work
should go on.

> In any case, you're now the Gujarati coordinator, and I've added the
> Gujarati team to the
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
> page now. Welcome!
>

> > Not sure how much I can finish by September, but it would be great
> > if we can see some Gujarati in the next version ;)

 best would be to have an app like gedit, nautilus done, apart from
some libraries like gtk+ & libgnome*

Regards,
Karunakar

--
A Reasonable man adapts himself to the world
An Unreasonable man tries to adapt the world to himself

* Indian Linux project    *
* http://www.indlinux.org *