Re: New team for Gujarati (GJ)

tis 2003-08-05 klockan 12.55 skrev Nirav Mehta:
> I have translated the GNOME Glossary to Gujarati (GJ)

Excellent! Please send the translation to me, or someone else with a cvs
account, so that we can put the translation in cvs for you. When sending
the translation, please make sure it passes the "msgfmt -cv gu.po" test
first though without errors or warnings, and that the file is encoded in
UTF-8, and gzip the file before attaching it to the mail.

By the way, http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html states
that the language code for Gujarati is "gu"?

> and would like to
> continue on the other files. Is there anybody else working on Gujarati?
> I didn't find the language on the status page. If there is no team, I
> would be glad to coordinate the efforts for Gujarati translation.

No, there is no other effort registered. We've heard about
http://www.indlinux.org/gujarati/ though, but last I heard about it it
hadn't started yet and Guntupalli Karunakar was looking for a
prospective team coordinator for it. I assume that's you, or that
Guntupalli agrees with having you as the coordinator. Should you not be
related to that effort, please take contact with them anyway and join
their mailinglist, so that we can avoid duplicate efforts.

In any case, you're now the Gujarati coordinator, and I've added the
Gujarati team to the http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
page now. Welcome!

> Not sure how much I can finish by September, but it would be great if we
> can see some Gujarati in the next version ;)

Yes, absolutely. The mail
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-August/msg00009.html
contains some information about what's suitable to start with. Please
send me, or someone else with cvs account, the translated files as soon
as possible when you have finished them, so that we can put them into
cvs as soon as possible.

Many thanks, and once again welcome!