Re: [Epiphany] Re: [Usability]Epiphany default toolbar layout

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 11:37, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Marco Pesenti Gritti">
>
> > Damn I forgot this issue when posting the mail. I think we need to have a
> > default bookmarks toolbar if we want people to find that functionality.
>
> Great, excellent to hear (as I'm not on the Epiphany list, I'm not always
> sure which direction you're heading on various little issues like this one).

Now that I think to it, one problem with having a default set of
bookmarks is i18n. I'm not sure what's the best approach to make
bookmarks "translatable". I mean, it's enough to allow to translate the
title ? Or is it preferable to allow to change the default set of
bookmarks for each country ?
CCing i18n list, maybe they can give me some clue ;)

> > Not sure how this would work with Dave proposal though ... 3 toolbars seem
> > a bit too much ;)
>
> Heh, yeah. ;-)
>
> > > Even after I turned it on, I couldn't work out how to add dropdown bookmark
> > > folders to the bar. I use those very regularly in Galeon.
> >
> > Assuming you have a recent version you can drag folders on the
> > toolbars...
> > Drag and drop alone is prolly not obvious (and not accessible). It's
> > definately something we need to improve.
>
> Perhaps a toolbar context menu? I tried context-clicking when I was looking
> around. :-) It would be a good way of finding the toolbar editor
> functionality too.

Yeah it sounds like a good idea to me. Oh, we have a context menu for
toolbar editor, it was just borked in 0.5 ;)

Marco